Tuesday 27 September 2011

My first Msc Finance class


I had got my timetable for my Msc Finance, which is very intensive with 12 hours lectures and tutorials. Unlike Bachelor degree, Master students are required to spend most of the time for self-studying. Around 80 postgraduates are doing a Master at Queen’s Management School and roughly 31 of those are Msc Finance. You can make friends with students from all over the world, such as America,  European countries, China, Vietnam, Middle East, etc. The most important thing is that they are very nice and friendly. In addition, we can share experience not only in academic purposes, but also in cultural perspectives.

My first class was Corporate Finance, which is generally about decision making in corporations and business. It is a really interesting module, which provides me techniques to analyze and explain economic situations happening in daily life. The teacher is really enthusiastic, helpful and experienced in the related field; therefore students could get practical and up-to-date knowledge.
No classes in couples of days but I still need to revise and do some readings for the subject and look forward to the other 2 modules in the first semester!

 I am also looking forward to take part in Queen’s Freshers’ Fair, which is on 28th, and 29th September.  There will be hundreds of clubs from academic to sports and social ones. Last year, I signed up for photography and music clubs which were really helpful and interesting. So, this year, I am gonna make the most of my time to attend more activities in Queen’s 

Ps: Any pictures will be updated at later point :D

No comments:

Post a Comment