Monday 24 October 2011

iFriends

iFriends is an organization created by a group a people from churches. It's been in Belfast for years with the aim to connect and help all international students. With series of "i" program, such as iCafe, iTalk, iSport, iConnect are the bridges between international students and local community.


I've been to those event since the very first week I arrived to Belfast. From there, i've had so many opportunities to make friends with both international and local people from different backgrounds, been to many trips with them, and explored Northern Irish cultures with various activities. Last Sunday we went to iConnect to one of the local families in All Saint church. Honestly, I can't remember how many times I've been joining these events, but every time brings to me such a different feeling...really warm welcome, lots of laughs, lovely food cooked by local people.


I never feel lonely in this country because there are so many things for you to explore and i just wish it would be more than 24hours/day to fulfill my activity list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment